The Policy in Action Project is a semester-length professional capstone experience where you will be able to:
- Test, practice, and augment the technical and leadership skills you will gain from classes or have gained from past experience
- Build or grow your professional network
- Pivot to new policy domains
- Stretch yourself in a lower-stakes environment with the support of experienced professors
- Contribute to meaningful change in a real organization or policy area
Throughout the project, students enroll in a class designed to accompany them in the process of producing a final deliverable under the mentorship of Brown faculty members and collaborating organization professionals. Students work in small teams and apply their skills to address policy-related challenges in a professional setting. Each project will culminate in a final deliverable that includes a set of actionable recommendations for the collaborating organization. Students will present their recommendations at a Policy-in-Action Project Symposium hosted at the Watson Institute at the end of the Spring semester.